First Derivative is the Services arm of FD Technologies PLC that also own KX – the world’s fastest real-time analytics product, it is capable of processing vast quantities of data and providing analytics in-stream. It powers all the world’s leaders in algorithmic trading as well as several Formula 1 teams and is core to many 5G cellular systems. Successful candidates will join a tailored training programme that will empower them to learn our proprietary, high-performance q/kdb+ programming language.
On the Data Engineering stream of our Graduate Programme, you will be offered a unique opportunity to enter the world of ultra high-performance data. Here the emphasis is on problem-solving using a combination of analytics, imagination, and business understanding. Data Engineers work with our clients to keep their systems ahead in an environment that is constantly changing and where advantage is measured in milliseconds.
As a Data Engineer you will train with us and work on live projects with our impressive and varied clientele base.
What we look for:
• Academic degree – ideally a degree in Computing, Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics, Engineering, or a similar discipline.
• Commitment to the 2-year training period, which rolls into a full-time permanent position
• Willingness to travel to various parts of the world to work with clients
• An inquisitive mindset, an aptitude for problem-solving and technical skills to combine them
• Excellent communication skills to present findings and articulate their business benefits.
• A self-starter who is constantly looking for opportunities to improve
• Experience with Java, C/C++ and/or UNIX is beneficial but not a requirement
What we offer:
• Opportunity to take part in 2 years, fully paid graduate Programme in Data Engineering
• Possibility to be hired on specialist position after the programme.
• Business travels abroad, including a training in the Northern Ireland
• Getting on hands experience, working on daily basis on the current projects
• Experience working in international environment.
• Possibility to work form the office in the centre of Lodz.
Please send your CV on the email address below:
We are looking forward to welcoming you in our team!